Show Boy Scouts the National Traffic System
Post date: Apr 28, 2014 10:35:07 AM
Central Ohio Traffic Net (COTN) is looking for volunteer traffic handlers and net control stations to participate in a demonstration of the National Traffic System for Boy Scouts of the Simon Kent Council coming together for a weekend of adventure. The "Thunderbase" event is held at the Ross County Fairgrounds in Chillicothe, Ohio, and will run from May 2-4.
We are looking for stations to participate in talking with the scouts, originating traffic from them, and relaying into the NTS. We'll need volunteers on-site as well as back at their usual locations to act as net control stations for the special sessions we stand up on Saturday, May 3, to allow the scouts to see how the traffic they've just originated is passed on the air.
If interested, please send email to email@example.com, advising of your availability and capability. In particular,
- Can you join us on-site Saturday, May 3? What is your availability?
- Can you operate 2m from a building on the Ross County Fairgrounds with other hams? On emergency power?
- Can you operate 10m from a building on the Ross County Fairgrounds with other hams? On emergency power?
- Can you join us on-air Saturday, May 3? What is your availability?
- Can you reach Ross County on 2m?
- Can you reach Ross County on 10m?
- Are you willing to participate in showing amateur radio with other hams on Friday, May 2, ahead of the COTN presence?
I will be taking volunteers through May 1, after which I'll need to formulate the plan for our participation. I'll advise all volunteers of the plan by email, as well as coordinate with the other amateur radio operators we'll join for Thunderbase. Thank you for your interest!