Activation Warning (Exercise) May 30, 2020
Post date: May 28, 2020 12:09:06 AM
NR3177 TEST P HXC KD8TTE 340 BEXLEY OH 2115Z MAY 27
ALL COTN STATIONS
ARES COUNTY EC DELAWARE N8BHL
ARES COUNTY EC FAIRFIELD KD8SSJ
ARES COUNTY EC FAYETTE N8ORJ
ARES COUNTY EC FRANKLIN N8PVC
ARES COUNTY EC KNOX KD8WHQ
ARES COUNTY EC LICKING KD8SCL
ARES COUNTY EC MADISON N8ME
ARES COUNTY EC MARION KE8ECT
ARES COUNTY EC PICKAWAY KC8ITN
ARES COUNTY EC UNION KE8ANU
ARES DISTRICT EC District 7 KB8YMN
NET MANAGER Buckeye Net WB8YLO
CENTRAL OHIO TRAFFIC NET
ACTIVATION WARNING THIS IS AN EXERCISE
- Situation. ARRL Ohio Section ARES will be operating in support of Red Cross EmComm Nationwide Radio Simulation (“PART A”) on Saturday, May 30 from 0900 until 1200. County ARES organizations will be conducting on-air operations on their nets and need an outlet for exchange between counties and for the rest of the Section, and beyond.
- Mission. COTN will operate as the ARES District 7 net, accepting liaisons for each of the ARES District 7 counties and maintaining liaison to the ARRL Ohio Section.
- Intent. COTN will operate to provide a net for any ARES District 7 station to join to take incoming traffic and to release traffic headed out of its county. COTN will provide circuits for message relay within D7 and between D7 and the Ohio Section, which will in turn provide outlets to the rest of the amateur traffic system as needed.
- Concept of Operations.
- COTN will operate a net in support of all of ARES District 7, providing net control, section net liaison, and relay stations.
- All exercise traffic will be handled as TEST PRIORITY.
- Representatives from ARES District 7 county nets will join COTN to receive and to release traffic.
- COTN will control the net with voice procedure.
- COTN will relay traffic through voice procedure or with NBEMS (fldigi, flmsg), as needed.
- COTN will accept traffic in arbitrary format.
- COTN will take exercise traffic to the Ohio Section through the Buckeye Net.
- All record traffic will count as messages for the purpose of ARRL Public Service Honor Roll (PSHR) and Station Activity Reporting (SAR), as well as reporting of net activity.
- COTN operators will be self-sufficient.
- COTN operators will maintain detailed records of the traffic received and relayed, allowing for accounting and traceback as needed, for 90 days.
- Net control stations will provide session reports in accordance with procedure for Simulated Emergency Test (SET).
- This activation is managed by Operations Officer Tom Miller W8RIH.
- Standard Signal Operating Instructions will apply.
- Incident Objectives (Form 202), Red Cross EmComm Nationwide Radio Simulation PART A (ARRL Ohio Section) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dnwH3UdCtND7nwOF10mPxZ4DhfTeIB82A2IHMj8BtVE/edit?usp=sharing
- ARRL Ohio Section Message Routing Concept of Operations ARC May 30 Exercise [Rev E] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B41pJiLtPmritpJFPfz17cVdENHZVqpktYllm7AvnyA/edit?usp=sharing
- Introduction to Buckeye Net (Rev B). https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1jzEIBYkZg6Va5QJhudQyYwhBAjwFyaFCsX8snuEjrnE/edit?usp=sharing
- Central Ohio Traffic Net Standard Operating Procedures. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Sx6bAaTcB0vacSqnN86_CAfJju6gGasjroOG45S0caQ/edit?usp=sharing
KD8TTE NET MANAGER COTN