BLACK SWAN 17 OPBULL 2
Post date: Oct 2, 2017 9:52:33 AM
BLACK SWAN 17 EXERCISE DIRECTOR
C.M. CURTIN, SPC (OH), HHC/2/4 OHMR
+1 614 398 0045
KD8TTE BEXLEY OH 43209
R 020730Z OCT 2017
FM NNO5HD OHMR OH
TO ALL BLACK SWAN 17 EXERCISE PARTICIPANTS
SUBJ: BLACK SWAN 17 OPBULL 2
- BLACK SWAN 17 Interoperability Net included US Govt and amateur stations on 60 meters channel 4 yesterday. Included exchange of MT63-1KL and voice traffic across state of Ohio.
- CONOPS updated to Rev L to address scrivener's error in direction of storm movement. The current revision is always available at https://sites.google.com/view/blackswan/2017/concept-of-operation.
- BLACK SWAN 17 Exercise Director will call a net on Channel 4 at 1000Z today for one hour. Checkins welcome to pass Build-Up information and to test 60 meter operability.
- Controllers are to advise players of the following EXERCISE INFO according to their procedures:
- SEVERE WEATHER IS FORECAST FOR REGION FROM IOWA THROUGH ILLINOIS AND INDIANA TO OHIO IN THE COMING WEEK.
- DEVELOPING SYSTEMS ARE EXPECTED TO BRING STRONG STORMS, INCLUDING DAMAGING WINDS AND HAIL, AND FLASH FLOODING.
- FORCES ARE CALLED TO MONITOR FOR DEVELOPMENTS AND ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS.
- LOCALIZED WEATHER EVENTS ON SUN 1 OCT LED TO ACTIVATIONS IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES IN OHIO: HAMILTON, LORAIN, FRANKLIN, COSHOCTON, AND COLUMBIANA.