BLACK SWAN 17 OPBULL 3
Post date: Oct 3, 2017 10:03:50 AM
BLACK SWAN 17 EXERCISE DIRECTOR
C.M. CURTIN, SPC (OH), HHC/2/4 OHMR
+1 614 398 0045
KD8TTE BEXLEY OH 43209
R 030955Z OCT 2017
FM NNO5HD OHMR OH
TO ALL BLACK SWAN 17 EXERCISE PARTICIPANTS
SUBJ: BLACK SWAN 17 OPBULL 3
- BLACK SWAN 17 Interoperability Net recent session summaries:
- NNO5HD OH, net control 60M Ch 4, 021000Z OCT. Included amateur station from MS. MT63-1kL reports.
- AFA7MV IA, net control 60M Ch 4, 030704Z OCT.
- AFA7MV IA, net control 60M Ch 4, 040001Z OCT. Covered AO, with 4 U.S. Government Stations and 9 amateur stations. MT63-1kL OPBULL 2 transmission.
- BLACK SWAN 17 Interoperability Net will operate on Ch 4 during Build-Up period 3-6 OCT:
- Morning session 1000Z
- Evening session 0000Z
- BLACK SWAN 17 will suspend 60M operation at 081955Z OCT 2017 to yield for FEMA Region V net held on Ch 4. BLACK SWAN 17 will continue operation on Ch 4 at the conclusion of that net through ENDEX 151000Z OCT 2017.
- HFALE is welcome but not specified for BLACK SWAN 17. Record HFALE availability and activity for inclusion in AAR/IP and possible specification in future exercises.
- NWS Wilmington has created exercise traffic for its area; elements of SKYWARN will be active during Intense Activity to provide weather injects. Controllers without SKYWARN coordination will need to create their own weather injects.
- Controllers are to advise players of the following EXERCISE INFO according to their procedures:
- SEVERE WEATHER IS FORECAST FOR REGION FROM IOWA THROUGH ILLINOIS AND INDIANA TO OHIO THROUGH SUN 8 OCT.
- DEVELOPING SYSTEMS ARE EXPECTED TO BRING STRONG STORMS, INCLUDING DAMAGING WINDS AND HAIL, AND FLASH FLOODING.
- FORCES ARE CALLED TO MONITOR FOR DEVELOPMENTS AND ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS.