Activation Notice ARRL Field Day 2020
Post date: Jun 27, 2020 5:06:18 PM
NR 3228 TEST P HXC KD8TTE NOGR BEXLEY OH 1645Z JUN 27
ALL COTN STATIONS
ARES COUNTY EC DELAWARE N8BHL
ARES COUNTY EC FAIRFIELD KD8SSJ
ARES COUNTY EC FAYETTE N8ORJ
ARES COUNTY EC FRANKLIN N8PVC
ARES COUNTY EC KNOX KD8WHQ
ARES COUNTY EC LICKING KD8SCL
ARES COUNTY EC MADISON N8ME
ARES COUNTY EC MARION KE8ECT
ARES COUNTY EC PICKAWAY KC8ITN
ARES COUNTY EC UNION KE8ANU
ARES DISTRICT EC District 7
ARES OHIO SECTION EC N8BHL
NTS OHIO SECTION TRAFFIC MANAGER WA3EZN
NTS OHIO SECTION OSSBN KC8WH
NTS OHIO SECTION BN(E) WB8YLO
NTS OHIO SECTION BN(L) WB9LBI
ARL OHIO SECTION MANAGER N8SY
CENTRAL OHIO TRAFFIC NET
I. Situation. ARRL event Field Day will be held on Saturday, June 27 at 14:00 ET until Sunday, June 28 at 16:59. Stations throughout the US and beyond will be in continuous operation during this time. The event awards points for various tasks including handling of amateur radiograms. Field Day stations need traffic nets to take their outgoing messages and to pick up incoming messages.
II. Mission. COTN will operate special sessions to accommodate Field Day stations with traffic needs.
A. Intent. COTN will operate frequent sessions to move traffic on behalf of Field Day stations and their recipients.
B. Concept of Operations.
1. COTN will operate net sessions for movement of traffic. Contacts will not be eligible for Field Day Contact Points.
2. COTN will operate on the usual program of repeaters for control. The net control operator may direct stations to any channel for movement of traffic.
3. COTN will operate special sessions for each NTS Cycle to move traffic expeditiously in and out of the Section nets.
a. Saturday 15:00
b. Saturday 17:00
c. Saturday 19:15
d. Saturday 21:00
e. Sunday 09:00
f. Sunday 12:00
g. Sunday 15:00
h. Sunday 16:00
4. COTN will take all traffic, not leaving stations bringing traffic to the net with no outlet, requiring them to return to a later session or to find another net.
5. COTN operators taking traffic for delivery will do so as soon as practicable between the hours of 0800 and 2000. Traffic received for delivery outside of those hours will be delivered only in person, by email, or on the air if the recipient is available to avoid making phone calls at potentially disruptive times.
6. COTN will relay traffic through voice procedure with the most efficient procedure for taking the traffic from the sending station.
a. Voice procedure may be used at any time.
b. NBEMS may be used as available on any simplex circuit or 6C1. Use of NBEMS on repeaters 2C1, 2C2, and 2C3 is unauthorized.
7. COTN will route traffic through liaisons if necessary.
a. OSSBN Cycle One (10:30)
b. OSSBN operators will monitor during Cycle Two hours but might not operate
c. OSSBN Cycle Three (16:15)
d. OSN Cycle Four (18:00, CW)
e. OSSBN Cycle Four (18:45)
f. BN Cycle Four Early (18:45, CW)
g. BN Cycle Four Late (20:00, CW)
h. DTN (any time)
i. Winlink (any time)
8. Net Control will open the net session at the scheduled time and start as a directed net. Net control and liaison stations will remain in the net until the top of the hour (i.e., special sessions will be one-hour sessions).
9. Field Day stations bringing traffic to the net may be excused by net control after releasing their traffic.
C. Coordinating Instructions.
1. Stations volunteering for net control and liaison duty have been given assignments that now appear on the schedule.
2. This activation’s manager has published a schedule and net control script on the activation web site at http://www.cotn.us/field-day-2020.
A. All record traffic will count as messages for the purpose of ARRL Public Service Honor Roll (PSHR) and Station Activity Reporting (SAR), as well as reporting of net activity.
B. Contacts made on COTN will not count as Contact Points for Field Day scoring. At the discretion of net control, COTN may be used as a spotting net for arranging contacts compliant with Field Day scoring rules.
C. COTN operators will be self-sufficient.
D. COTN operators will maintain detailed records of the traffic received and relayed, allowing for accounting and traceback as needed, for 90 days.
E. Net control stations will provide session reports similar to SET sessions, reporting all stations in the net and precedence for all traffic moved.
A. This activation is managed by Net Manager Matthew Curtin KD8TTE.
B. Standard Signal Operating Instructions will apply.
1. ARRL. Field Day 2020 Rules. http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Field-Day/2020/1_61-2020%20Rules.pdf.
2. Central Ohio Traffic Net Standard Operating Procedures. http://www.cotn.us/sop.
This activation is for an exercise.
KD8TTE NET MANAGER COTN