BLACK SWAN 17 OPBULL 4
Post date: Oct 4, 2017 9:51:03 AM
BLACK SWAN 17 EXERCISE DIRECTOR
C.M. CURTIN, SPC (OH), HHC/2/4 OHMR
+1 614 398 0045
KD8TTE BEXLEY OH 43209
R 040950Z OCT 2017
FM NNO5HD OHMR OH
TO ALL BLACK SWAN 17 EXERCISE PARTICIPANTS
SUBJ: BLACK SWAN 17 OPBULL 4
- BLACK SWAN 17 Interoperability Net will continue to operate on Ch 4 during Build-Up period 4-6 OCT:
- Morning session 1000Z
- Evening session 0000Z
- BLACK SWAN 17 will suspend 60M operation at 081955Z OCT 2017 to yield for FEMA Region V net held on Ch 4. BLACK SWAN 17 will continue operation on Ch 4 at the conclusion of that net through ENDEX 151000Z OCT 2017.
- BLACK SWAN 17 participating MARS station reported interference on 60 meters on BLACK SWAN 17 net 2 OCT 2017. Unidentified station claimed MARS callsign was invalid because it was not listed in QRZ.COM, a site for amateur radio.
- Stations on BLACK SWAN 17 nets are encouraged to make audio recordings of illegal transmissions if possible, as well as to log them, including time, signal strength, and direction if possible.
- Stations are encouraged to email logs to BLACK SWAN Exercise Director and to report interference per SOP where applicable.
- Stations are otherwise to ignore illegal transmissions per applicable licensure or operating authority.
- Controllers are to advise players of the following EXERCISE INFO according to their procedures:
- SEVERE WEATHER IS FORECAST FOR REGION FROM IOWA THROUGH ILLINOIS AND INDIANA TO OHIO THROUGH SUN 8 OCT.
- DEVELOPING SYSTEMS ARE EXPECTED TO BRING STRONG STORMS, INCLUDING DAMAGING WINDS AND HAIL, AND FLASH FLOODING.
- FORCES ARE CALLED TO MONITOR FOR DEVELOPMENTS AND ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS.