October Monthly Training Moved to Thu 20 Oct 2016
Post date: Oct 4, 2016 9:37:06 PM
COTN's monthly training will take place on the third rather than second Thursday this month.
On Thursday 20 October, Net Manager Matthew Curtin KD8TTE will present an introduction to the National Traffic System (NTS), showing how the system is structured to move messages from any part of the country to any other part. We will also give introductory training on:
- Directed Net Operations—how to coordinate the activity of a group of stations all on the same frequency;
- Message Origination—taking a message from a member of the public or a public service agency representative;
- Message Relay—transmitting a message for another station to copy, and receiving a message being transmitted by another station;
- Message Delivery—giving a message to its addressee, whether a member of the public or a public service agency;
- Traffic Accounting—keeping track of the station, date, and time connected with message origination, receipt, transmission, and delivery; and
- Station Activity Reporting—tracking your own points and reporting your activity to the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) for watching our public service activity and capability.
Whether you are brand new to amateur radio, new to traffic handling, or an old hand, please join us on Thursday 20 October 2016. We'll start gathering at 1800 and get the training underway at 1830. We'll be meeting at Franklin County Emergency Management & Homeland Security, 5300 Strawberry Farms Blvd, Columbus OH 43230. We're looking forward to seeing you there!